My Media for Alexa will automatically configure most Windows firewall products, however, the following steps are required if you are using Norton Firewall products such as Norton 360:
- In the Norton main window, click Settings.
- In the Settings window, under Detailed Settings, click Firewall.
- On the General Settings tab, in the Network Trust row, click 'Configure'
- Under Trust Level, if it is set to 'Public' or 'Restricted', please update the setting to 'Private' assuming you are on a trusted network like your home network.
- On the Traffic Rules tab, click Add.
Follow the instructions in the Add Rule wizard.
- Select ‘Allow’, click Next
- Select ‘Connections from other computers’, click Next
- Select ‘Any computer in the local subnet’, click Next
- Select ‘TCP’, click Next
- Select ‘This rule will apply only if it matches all of the ports listed below’ ; click ‘Add’ and enter 52050
- Click ‘Next’
- Select ‘Off’ if asked to ‘Apply rule for NAT IPv6 traversal traffic’ click ‘Next’
- Enter ‘My Media for Alexa Streaming’ as the name of the rule
- Click ‘Next’, then ‘Finish'
- In the Traffic Rules window, find the rule that was created and use 'Move Up' button to move it to the top of the list.
- In the Traffic Rules window, click OK.